Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreements (online course)
Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreements (Online Course)
Practical models and techniques for analyzing & structuring, drafting, and negotiating Renewable Energy PPAs for bankable green investments in today’s competitive energy markets
In the global marketplace of 2020s, both developed and developing economies urgently need to master the key techniques and models for transforming to renewable generation while strengthening the reliability of new energy markets and systems. These focus on adapting and negotiating the latest models for Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreements (RE PPAs) and on rapidly attracting new private investments in renewable energy sources. Unlike past fossil-fuel based Independent Power Project (IPP) models that featured standardized take-or-pay contracts – today’s renewable energy markets demand more innovative incentives to attract RE supply, conform to RE generation availability, ensure power system reliability, as well as more attractive and sustainable mixtures of fuel sources. Government power sector strategies are now struggling to choose among different practical incentives for new private investments in the renewable technologies including solar energy, wind power, bio-mass incineration and mini-hydro investments.
This interactive 5-session workshop will provide clear explanations of the new models of Renewable Energy PPA risk allocation, of ensuring project bankability, of allowing RE generators to compete in energy markets and power pools. The practical models for RE investment credit enhancements will be demonstrated through a series of real case examples of RE PPA contracts, renewable project finance transactions, and competitive energy markets. Case Studies will include real examples from Southeast Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and North America.
Benefits of Attending
- Best practices from international case studies of successful RE PPAs to avoid common pitfalls
- Direct the legal design of RE PPAs based on your own company’s risk profile and corporate goals
- Lead strategies for the design and regulation of new competitive electricity markets to attract renewable private power investments
- Develop clear incentives for bankable private investments in renewable energy generation
- Environmental, social & governance (ESG) impact mitigation techniques to ensure sustainability
- Manage successful renewable power project finance transactions
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 11 October 2022, 12pm – 3pm GMT
- Global Trends Driving Renewable Power Generation Investments & the Rise of Competitive Energy Markets
- Structuring Power Purchase Agreements for Renewable Energy Requirements
- Case Study: RE PPA deal origination, auction & bidding systems, risk allocations, key PPA terms & conditions, and bankability results
Session 2: 12 October 2022, 12pm – 3pm GMT
- Risk Identification, Risk Analysis Models, and Risk-Allocation Techniques for Today’s Green Energy Market
- Case Study: Renewable energy project risk identification, allocation, systematic review & analysis of the RE PPA
- Group Exercise: Risk Identification, Analysis & Risk-Allocation for a Renewable Power Project
Session 3: 17 October 2022, 12pm – 3pm GMT
- Structuring Renewable Energy PPA Bankability
- Case Study: Analyzing Renewable Power Project Financing
- PPA Financing Sources & Credit Enhancements
- Case study in RE investment credit risk analysis & credit enhancements
Session 4: 18 October 2022, 12pm – 3pm GMT
- Managing the Role of Renewable Generators in New, Emerging Competitive Energy Market
- Case Study: Renewable energy producers in competitive energy markets in North America, Western Europe & Latin America
- RE PPA Contract Management, Performance Monitoring & Economic Regulation
- Case Study: Renewable energy project disputes & resolution techniques
Session 5: 19 October 2022, 12pm – 3pm GMT
- Group Exercise: Analyzing & Negotiating a Renewable Energy PPA
- Applying Best Practices and Lessons Learned to Your Organisation’s Renewable Power Priorities
This online workshop features a dynamic combination of experiential exercises and practical case studies to reinforce the ability of participants to actually apply RE PPA analysis, structuring, and negotiation techniques to real transactions.
Case studies of renewable private power transactions will feature the real-world details of renewable power feasibility studies, tender documents, impact assessments, and especially power purchase agreements to provide participants with a first-hand understanding of the challenges of RE PPA transaction documentation.
Experiential exercises will place participants into the practical roles of key management decision-makers who not only need to analyze and understand RPPA investment proposals, but who have to negotiate practical RE PPA terms & clauses and to make real-world decisions on transactions. As a result of actively engaging in this workshop’s interactive methodology, you will be able to make practical decisions on renewable power transactions for your organization following the workshop’s completion.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
What People Are Saying
Who Will Attend
- Power developers, investors, and energy fund
- Energy regulators & ministries, planners, and policy-makers
- Commercial lenders and development bankers
- Lawyers, consultants, and transaction advisors in the private power investment market
- Power project contractors, operators, and equipment suppliers
- Energy fuel suppliers (oil, gas, coal and renewables)
- Competitive energy market regulators, system operators, traders, and market makers
- Energy sector consumers groups, NGOs, and alternative energy program managers
You Might Also Be Interested In
Techniques & models for bankable green energy transactions of solar, wind, hydro, biomass & geothermal power investments in today’s competitive energy markets
Commences: 13 September 2022
A comprehensive, participative course, providing the knowledge and tools to segment and analyse opportunity & risk within emerging hydrogen economies