Power Purchase Agreement (Online Course)
Power Purchase Agreement (Online Course)
Valuable lessons to be learned from the European experience
There are many moving pieces affecting the future of electric power development in emerging market. Unlike the past Independent Power Project models, which featured standardised take-or-pay contracts – today’s market demands more innovative incentives to ensure better availability, better performance, as well as more attractive and sustainable mixtures of fuel sources. Economies throughout developing countries urgently need to master the key tools, models, and lessons learned for transforming and strengthening today’s electricity sector. These include the latest models in negotiating Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), in designing and managing new competitive power markets, as well as attracting the right mix of renewable energy sources.
This live online training course gives you clear explanations of the new models of PPA risk allocation, of designing and managing competitive power markets, attracting private investments in renewable energy, through a series of real case examples of contracts and markets. Case Studies will include real examples from Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe and North America. Furthermore, cases stimulate independent thinking and discussion among participants.
Benefits of Attending
- NEGOTIATE fair and sustainable PPAs
- STRUCTURE successful PPAs based upon your own company’s risk profile and risk allocation needs
- EXPOSE to international experience in IPP development
- LEARN theory and practice of pricing and tariff design
- PERFORM a policy and risk analysis of PPA contracts
- IMPROVE your awareness of the common pitfalls and mistakes to avoid in today’s private power investments
- LEAD successful power project finance transactions
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 10th May 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Introduction and Overview Role of PPA
- Corporate PPAs in Today’s Power Markets
- Case Study: Example of Fixed Price PPA Structure
- Common PPA Structures
- Case Study: Budweiser Cross-Border Virtual PPA
Session 2: 11th May 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
PPA Contract Features
- Key Risk Factors of Value PPA
- Case Study: PPA Valuation with AI and Machine Learning Tool
- Key Risk Categories
- Case Study: Example of PPA Risk Assessment
Session 3: 12th May 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
PPA Pricing Structures & Financing
- Pricing Structures
- Case Study: Annual Baseload Fixed Pricing Structure & Cap and Floor Index Pricing
- Fair PPA Price Value
- Volume Structures and Risk Allocation
- Case Study: Example of Pre-defined Profile and Baseload PPA
Session 4: 17th May 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Other Sales Structures and Corporate PPAs
- PPA Risk Mitigation
- Case Study: EEX futures, Proxy Generation and Asian Put Option
- Key Contract Features Renewable Corporate PPA
- Case Study: The EFET Standard PPA Contract
Session 5: 18th May 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Risk Assessment and PPA Negotiations
- Case Study: Rabobank Outlook; Project Finance Subsidy Free Projects
- Negotiating a (Virtual) PPA
- Case Study: The Trends and Growth Perspectives of European PPA Market
Throughout the course the course director combines theoretical aspects with real life case studies, actual PPA contract samples, pricing and the specific risks and their mitigation methods. The live online course at all times remains interactive with full participation from all the participants.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
What People Are Saying
Who Will Attend
- Electric regulators & ministries
- Power & utility companies
- IPP developers
- Banks / Investors
- Energy fuel suppliers (oil, gas, coal and renewables)
- Law firms & consultancy
You Might Also Be Interested In
International conference & summit specially designed for the electric power & energy industry
20 – 23 April 2021, POWER WEEK AFRICA
Dates To Be Announced, POWER WEEK ASIA
A comprehensive, participative course, providing the knowledge and tools to segment and analyse opportunity & risk within emerging hydrogen economies
Commences: 26 April 2021
A comprehensive analysis of EPC contracts and of the key considerations in projects and disputes where such contracts are used