Mastering Clean Hydrogen (Online Course)
Mastering Clean Hydrogen (Online Course)
The ‘hydrogen economy’ was first described 50 years ago, but failed to develop. Now hydrogen is making a comeback, with unprecedented momentum from both policymakers and industry amid a background of energy decarbonisation. Nevertheless, given its failure in the past, current investors and business developers in the sector are strongly advised to ensure they understand the complexities and competitive environments of the hydrogen landscape. This new course combines an excellent overview of the different elements of the clean hydrogen sector with a series of critical thinking and analysis exercises which provide clear guidance on market assessment requirements, including
key opportunity and risk influences.
This comprehensive course is designed for those seeking a wide-ranging, hype-free and independent perspective on the markets and supply chain activities which will (and won’t) drive demand for clean hydrogen. You will have a clearly explained, business-focused perspective on the competitive context of hydrogen across its various use cases. You will be able to separate what is actually happening in the market from the headlines and hype, and to identify the drivers and credible near-term opportunities for your business. You will evaluate barriers to hydrogen within certain market segments and its competitive advantages in others, illustrated by examples from a global perspective.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a clear understanding of hydrogen industry technologies, terminologies & metrics
- Review the value chain from hydrogen production to end-use market demand
- Focus on the production of clean hydrogen from renewable power (‘green’ hydrogen)
- Understand the competitive playing field and the economic variables that will impact it
- Discuss the key practical delivery challenges facing clean hydrogen projects
- Learn key lessons from project examples and proposals from around the world
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 17 Aug 2021, 12pm – 3pm GMT+0
Hydrogen Market Segmentation and Assessment
- Identifying drivers of demand for hydrogen (and barriers to growth)
- Examining the role of hydrogen in energy transition strategies and policies
Session 2: 18 Aug 2021, 12pm – 3pm GMT+0
Examining Key Hydrogen Applications & Markets
- Hydrogen in industry
- Hydrogen in transport
- Hydrogen in heat and power
Session 3: 23 Aug 2021, 12pm – 3pm GMT+0
Producing Hydrogen from Renewable Power (Green Hydrogen)
- Electrolysis: a technology primer
- The economics of ‘green’ hydrogen production
Session 4: 24 Aug 2021, 12pm – 3pm GMT+0
Storing & Moving Hydrogen
- Compression & liquification
- Pipelines: pure & blended
- Hydrogen carriers: ammonia, LOHCs and metal hydrides
Session 5: 25 Aug 2021, 12pm – 3pm GMT+0
Developing and Growing Hydrogen Value Propositions
- Assessing hydrogen scale-up and deployment strategies
- The hydrogen value chain, including new business opportunities and risks
- Summary: what will the future of hydrogen look like?
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of simple quantitative models and calculations to illustrate key learning points.
Current market examples, trends, news and data are utilised wherever helpful to illustrate the learning. It is important to note that market intelligence and examples are continuously updated and refreshed before every course, and so not always reflected in detail in the prepublished agenda.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
What People Are Saying
The five session were able to build up a tempo very well, and I am happy that I attended the course and also endorsed it for participation by some of my other colleagues. ❜❜
Who Will Attend
Any stakeholders seeking to cut through the hype and get to the reality of the clean hydrogen sector, including:
- Renewable power developers
- Natural gas producers
- Industrial hydrogen users
- Electrolysis technology developers
- Fuel cell developers
- Gas distribution network owners
- Industrial gas providers
- Low-carbon heat developers
- Transport OEMs
- Investors (funds and project finance providers)
You Might Also Be Interested In
Practical models and techniques for analyzing & structuring, drafting, and negotiating Renewable Energy PPAs for bankable green investments in today’s competitive energy markets