Energy Storage (Online Course)
Energy Storage (Online Course)
A business-focused assessment of energy storage opportunities, competing solutions and project delivery essentials
Energy storage differs from other energy technologies in the breadth and complexity of its addressable market and revenue opportunities. This training course provides a comprehensive, business-focused analysis of these opportunities, allowing attendees to analyse, understand and segment them. While naturally focusing on battery storage, we also cover the variety of competing storage technologies and describe the wide variety of problems energy storage seeks to solve, at a wide range of deployment sizes and timescales, including key issues around practical project delivery.
Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of why and where storage markets are growing, what could limit this growth and what the future trends will be. So, if you are thinking of investing in or developing an energy storage business case, this course provides your essential grounding in the core issues.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a clear understanding of energy storage market opportunities & deployment considerations
- A core focus on batteries, including clear explanations of the technologies and performance considerations (in language accessible to non-technical people)
- Discuss the key project delivery issues for battery storage projects
- Review up-to-date examples from around the world and the lessons from them
- Understand the competitive playing field and the economic variables that impact energy storage business cases
- Stay ahead of trends and emerging solutions, including growth opportunities for longer-duration storage solutions
Course Objectives – Is This for You?
This energy storage course is intended for those in business, commercial and strategically focused roles within the power sector. While focusing on battery storage, it also considers the role of other and emerging solutions for applications where battery limitations may be reached.
You want to understand where in the power system these changes are most significant and rapid, and how they create knock-on impacts elsewhere. You want to evaluate new opportunities and risks for your business, learning from illustrations and practices taken from a global perspective.
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 4 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 13 September 2021, 1pm – 4pm GMT+0
Battery Storage: Technologies & Deployment
- A business person’s guide to battery technology: what you need to know
- Deployment considerations for battery storage projects
Session 2: 14 September 2021, 1pm – 4pm GMT+0
Utility-Scale Energy Storage for Power System Optimisation
- Energy storage for grid operations & system balancing
- Energy storage for peak demand reduction and firm capacity
Session 3: 15 September 2021, 1pm – 4pm GMT+0
Decentralization (Energy Storage at the Network Edge)
- Energy storage behind-the-meter
- Distribution network disruption: energy storage in smarter local networks
Session 4: 16 September 2021, 1pm – 4pm GMT+0
Long-Duration and Alternative Storage Solutions
- Demand drivers and trends in long-duration energy storage
- If not battery, then what?
The course combines presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilised wherever helpful.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
What People Are Saying
Who Will Attend
- Policymakers and Policy Advisors
- Investors, including Commercial and Development banks, Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Power Generators (Utilities and IPPs)
- Renewable Energy Project Developers
- Transmission/Distribution System Operators
- Vendors & EPC contractors
- Large Energy Users and vehicle fleet operator
- Commercial Services Suppliers (Law, Insurance etc.)
- Oil companies and fuel distributors