Mastering Renewable Power (Online Course)
Mastering Renewable Power (Online Course)
In increasing parts of the world, renewable power sources – particularly solar and wind – are now the cheapest way to generate electricity. This, combined with being crucial mechanisms by which to lower the carbon emissions of energy systems, means they are also the fastest-growing supply of new power generating capacity. It is vital that anyone involved in electricity systems, from new power project developers to incumbent utilities, investors and policymakers, has a thorough understanding of how renewables are impacting the energy mix and the business models of both themselves and their competitors.
This course is designed for those seeking a comprehensive understanding of renewable power, from its market value to the processes of project and investment case development, and risk assessment. You will have a clearly explained review of renewable power trends and project development essentials; including key stages, processes, contracts and risk mitigation approaches. As a commercially-focused person, you need to have these issues discussed within a business case and investment context, illustrated by examples from around the world. You will build a knowledge base and skillset that is applicable to power projects of multiple types, so that it remains useful wherever your career next takes you.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the factors driving the growth of renewable power
- Review data and statistics on deployment trends, costs and other key metrics
- Learn how to develop renewable power projects
- Evaluate the contrasts between different types of renewable power, from both project development and energy mix perspectives
- Discuss how channel to market choices and value propositions are evolving, and the impact on project development and business case
- Learn new trends such as storage and ‘flexibility’
- Quantify how multiple variables and risk considerations come together to determine the financial case for renewable power investments
- Stay up-to-date by project examples, business models and deployment approaches from across the world
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 19 April 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Renewable Power Growth, Trends & Energy Mix Disruption
- Renewable power growth and energy mix considerations
- The costs and economics of renewable power
Session 2: 20 April 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Developing Projects: Phases, Risks and Contracts
- Processes, milestones and location choice
- Key contracts and risk transfer
Session 3: 21 April 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Renewable Power Projects Compared & Contrasted
- Site selection and project development specifics
- Channels to market and ‘market fit’
Session 4: 23 April 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Dispatchable and ‘System-Friendly’ Renewable Power
- The growth of dispatchable renewable power projects
- Developing dispatchable and integrated renewable power projects
Session 5: 27 April 2021, 7am – 10am GMT+0
Developing the Investment Case
- The key investment case variables
- Mapping risks and sensitivities onto the investment case
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of simple quantitative models and calculations to illustrate key learning points.
Current market examples, trends, news and data are utilised wherever helpful to illustrate the learning. It is important to note that market intelligence and examples are continuously updated and refreshed before every course, and so not always reflected in detail in the prepublished agenda.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
What People Are Saying
in this space. ❜❜
Who Will Attend
- Renewable power project developers
- Power plant owners and operators (utilities and IPPs)
- Transmission/Distribution system operators
- Policymakers and policy advisors
- Investors, including commercial and development banks, venture capital and private equity
- Vendors & EPC contractors
- Large energy users
- Commercial energy-sector services suppliers (law, insurance etc.)
You Might Also Be Interested In
A comprehensive, participative course, providing the knowledge and tools to segment and analyse opportunity & risk within emerging hydrogen economies