Power and Infrastructure Project Finance (Online Course)
Power and Infrastructure Project Finance (Online Course)
Creating a bankable project finance structure in terms of risk allocation and the commercial and financial structure
Project finance is widely used for large infrastructure projects ranging from roads and bridges to oil and gas and renewable energy projects. The structuring technique is very versatile and enables project risks to be allocated to the parties best able to manage them – which facilitates the raising of long term debt with recourse to the project developer limited to its initial investment commitment.
The correct allocation of risk through an appropriate commercial structure is the foundation of a sound financing plan and this course will develop these themes by walking through the commercial contracts and finance documentation and provide an understanding of how to determine the optimal amount of debt using cash flow and ratio analysis. Current project financing circumstances from around the world will be discussed though case study exercises.
Investment committees need to be sure that all risk aspects have been studied and the course will detail the key elements of the due diligence exercise. The course will also provide a guide on how to approach the debt market.
Benefits of Attending
- How power and infrastructure projects are structured and financed
- How to identify project risks and mitigation strategies
- The role of the financial model and cash flow and ratio analysis
- Debt sizing techniques
- Project finance term sheets and loan documentation
- Contract documentation
- The due diligence process
- How to efficiently identify viable project prospects
- How to approach the debt market
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 22 September 2020, 8 – 11am GMT+1 (London time)
Project Structure and Risk Allocation
- Project commercial structure
- Attributes of a bankable project
- Project risk identification and evaluation
- Case study: Preparation of a risk matrix
Session 2: 23 September 2020, 8 – 11am GMT+1 (London time)
The Finance Plan and Financial Model
- Risk mitigation
- Case study: Examples of risk mitigation
- Financial plan for the project
- Introduction to the financial model
Session 3: 28 September 2020, 8 – 11am GMT+1 (London time)
Debt Sizing and Structuring
- Debt structuring and debt sizing
- Case study: Debt sizing and repayment profiling
- Project opportunity triage
- Case study: Opportunity triage
Session 4: 30 September 2020, 8 – 11am GMT+1 (London time)
Project Commercial Contracts and Financial Documentation
- Principal commercial project contract – key features
- PPP contract structures
- Finance documentation
- Case study: Debt term sheet – bid preparation
Session 5: 7 October 2020, 8 – 11am GMT+1 (London time)
Debt Raising and the Due Diligence Process
- Running the due diligence process
- Case study: Lessons learned – issues raised that have not succeeded
- Restructuring and refinancing
- Debt raising – how to take your project to market
- Case study: Presenting to the investment committee – bringing together the learning from the course
This online course is interactive using a combination of presentations, case studies and exercises. Questions and discussion are encouraged to gain useful practical business insights. Subject to preserving confidentiality, delegates are welcome to seek solutions to live situations.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
Who Will Attend
- Project developer / investor / financier
- Finance & accounting
- Project finance & structured finance
- Commercial & legal
- Business Development
- Government policy advisers
You Might Also Be Interested In
3rd annual international conference & summit specially designed for the African electric power & energy industry, promising 5 days of premium networking opportunities comprising of a 2-day main conference, 5 supplementary workshops, multiple case studies from a wide array of perspectives, expert opinions and unrivalled insights into the African electric power & energy market prospects
20 – 23 April 2021, Virtual Conference
6th annual international conference & summit specially designed for the Asian electric power & energy industry. Meet your industry peers from electricity regulators, national power companies, renewable & IPPs, investors and suppliers – all at one platform. This platform serve as an opportunity to engage with top industry players from around the globe