ESG & Sustainable Finance (Online Course)
ESG & Sustainable Finance (Online Course)
There is no question the future of financial services is Sustainable Finance. Be it investment, lending and mortgages, be it private equity and trade finance – no asset class out there is untouched of questions such as: “what is the carbon intensity of this investment?”, “what is the financial climate risk in financing this project?”, or “how can we create ESG-linked products for our customers?”. Both customers and regulators demand financial institutions to report on ESG (environmental, social and governmental) indicators and analysis. We are here to help you navigating the ESG jungle!
You will learn how ESG and Sustainable Finance affects your business from a regulatory and a customer viewpoint. Understand the strategic implications of ESG and Sustainable Finance on the financial industry and learn how technology offers competitive advantages in transforming into a sustainability-driven organisation. Regardless of your role this course will teach you the business requirements on Sustainable Finance, giving you the confidence to lead meaningful conversations across your business.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand why Sustainable Finance becomes the new normal
- Learn what ESG comprises and why it is still challenging to speak ESG
- Apply Sustainable Finance concepts to various business fields in financial services
- Combine Open Banking with Sustainable Finance
- Effectively manage climate risks
- Evaluate the impact of the EU Taxonomy and the SFDR
- Explore next developments in Sustainable Finance
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 8 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Session 1: 4 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
An Introduction to Sustainable Finance
- Scope of Sustainable Finance
- Relation of sustainable to “classical” financial services
- Case Study: The rise of Sustainable Finance
- Sustainable Finance culture
Session 2: 5 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
The Fundamentals of ESG Indicators
- What is ESG and why does it get relevant now?
- ESG frameworks
- Challenges with current ESG assessment
- Case Study: MSCI / FTSE ESG ratings
- The way forward: How ESG will develop in the next years
Session 3: 6 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
- How to identify sustainable investment opportunities
- Case Study: Sustainable ETFs
- The varying degrees of sustainability
- Case Study: What are your sustainability preferences?
- Exercise: Build your sustainable investment fund
- Case Study: A greenwashing detection tool
Session 4: 7 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
- What are green bonds?
- Case Study: BMW green bond
- Sustainability-linked lending
- Case Study: Berlin Hyp ESG-linked loan
Session 5: 11 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
- What is financial climate risk?
- Climate risk assessment with TCFD
- Case Study: Lafarge-Holcim climate risk assessment
- Scenario analysis to assess climate-related risks
- Case Study: Scenarios of the Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS)
- Exercise: Check climate related risks for your selected assets
- The broader scope of sustainability related risks
Session 6: 12 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
EU Taxonomy and SFDR
- Introduction to the EU Taxonomy for Sustainable Finance
- Case Study: EU Taxonomy in action
- The Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR)
- Case Study: Dark green funds
Session 7: 20 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
- Fintech and Sustainable Finance
- Case Study: ESG data
- Case Study: Dynamic green bonds
- Case Study: Microfinance
Session 8: 21 April 2022, 7am – 10am GMT
Next Steps in Sustainable Finance
- Current challenges in Sustainable Finance
- The next steps with the EU Taxonomy
- Development of “Brown Finance”?
- Case Study: Integrated reporting
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilised wherever helpful.
We would like to customise the workshop based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent prior to the workshop for analyse in advance and to be addressed during the course.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
What People Are Saying
Who Will Attend
- Decision makers, risk managers, portfolio managers in financial services
- Chief Digital / Data / Sustainability Officers
- Product managers & developers
- Directors / Managers within financial organisation
- Investment / Portfolio managers
- Project finance / Structured finance managers
- Operations managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Innovation managers
- Business development managers
- Environmental & climate change managers
You Might Also Be Interested In
Mastering the strategic implications of FinTech and AI, and learn how cross-industry digital value chains can improve existing business models
Dates To Be Announced
Techniques & models for bankable green energy transactions of solar, wind, hydro, biomass & geothermal power investments in today’s competitive energy markets