Workforce planning is very much under-valued and misunderstood by the average business. Senior executives take it for granted that the business will have the right people, in the right jobs, with the right skills at the right time in the right numbers. Getting any of that wrong costs the business a lot of money and disrupts business continuity.
Have you ever had vacancies in key roles you cannot fill? Even been caught off-guard with not enough labour....or too many people when demand has dropped? How about paying people who lack the skills for the job they are doing? All these scenarios are typical of poor workforce planning. All can be avoided. This course focuses not on theory, but on practical, real-life, proven workforce planning strategies and practices. You will take away knowledge but also models and templates that you can begin applying in your business immediately. Tools that will help you diagnose likely future issues and deal with them before they actually become real issues is a key part of the learning.
This course is designed to help you master the art of workforce planning so that your company's biggest investment (or biggest expense if you get things wrong!)...your workforce... is lean, productive and ready to add value.
Benefits of Attending
- Discover how to diagnose future workforce needs
- Identify what skills and knowledge your workforce will need...well ahead of time
- Learn ways to deal with unexpected vacancies and sudden labour over-supply
- Walk away with many models and templates that will work for you and your business
- Know how to win senior management support for workforce planning activities
- Gain information about how to maximize workforce flexibility for strategic skill deployment
- See how job-design and career path management support workforce planning strategies
The course is highly practical, participative and interactive. The focus is on real learning for real workplaces to work on your business challenges. Case analysis, full group discussion; pair work; individual self-assessments/activities; small group work will ensure all participants can be actively engaged in the learning throughout the course. The course teaches proven, workable ways to resolve workplace problems with many models participants can take away and apply immediately and easily in their place of work.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.