This program brings together 3 very important human resource management core competencies. All dynamic organizations are characterized by their meticulous HR planning and execution. This course will empower you to deliver leading-edge HR solutions to your company and to avoid expensive, outdated practices that offer low value.
Firstly, in succession planning, you will discover how you can emulate the proven strategies of major corporations to build and nurture a pipeline of talent that engages and retains those you wish to promote. You will see how to succession plan for all parts of your business so that you can stop having vacancies in key positions that cost money and disrupt business.
Secondly, in performance management, you will learn how to properly and fairly support and guide line managers to conduct meaningful and engaging performance appraisals on their staff. Learn how to measure performance, identify performance discrepancies and help poorly performing staff do better.
Thirdly, in ROI on training and development, we will explore the pros, cons and pitfalls of measuring learning outcomes and attributing value to training services. You will understand how to measure both financial and non-financial ROI. This will elevate the reputation of HR/L&D in the eyes of senior management and will demonstrate that training plays a strategic role in business profitability.
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how to succession plan so that employees want to stay with you and grow their careers
- Identify why succession planning often fails and avoid making the same mistakes
- Gain insights into how to make performance management fair, meaningful and valued
- Practice evaluating performance in class activities
- Understand how to spot poor performance and how to fix it quickly without confrontation
- Explore ways to measure different outcomes of learning and development activities
- Develop understanding of ROI pitfalls and how to manage company expectations
- See how to measure what matters...outcomes and not process
This dynamic and learning-intensive 4 day workshop is designed around the participant. It is highly interactive whereby participants will engage in a range of learning experiences including:
- Full group discussion
- Sharing of experiences and opinions
- Small group activities and challenges
- Individual self-assessments
- Case study analysis and discussion
- Facilitator lecture and demonstration
- Future planning activities
- Comprehensive PowerPoint slides
- Reading short articles and illustrations
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.